Hello! Still no news of when my internship starts so product review and swatches muna tayo.
Last Sunday, I dropped by MoA's fairly brand new Etude House branch and got their brightest pink lipstick available.
Check out my thoughts after the jump!
HOW MUCH: P478
WHERE: Etude House
FINISH: NOT matte. Similar to MAC's lustre finish lipsticks.
|ang landi lang!|
Like a moth drawn to the flames este the pink princessy walls, I immediately got their brightest pink shade.
The Low Down:
- PK002 is a fairly bright bubble-gum pink with cool undertones - almost a like a soft lavender if you asked me.
- I wished they would name their lipsticks in easy to remember words (like MAC) rather than obscure numbered-letters.
- Packaging: CUTE. PINK. PRINCESSY. (Something your younger sister would want)
- Okay for the price, the quality is not bad. However, I like my bright/neon lipsticks either matte or in an amplified finish (think of Morange's finish).
- I find bright AND glossy lips redundant. (Just my opinion and it really depends on the occassion)
- As you can see on the swatches, you need to do a good double (or triple) coat to get an opaque finish. One swipe leaves a light, almost sheer finish - which is good and acceptable for everyday esp if you don't want to look like Nicki Minaj (it depends haha). --not so good since you'll finish your lipstick right away since you have to swipe it on more than once.
- Since it had a semi-matte(?) lustre finish, it was pretty moisturizing - which I liked!
- Color pay-off is okay (keri na) considering the price P478 is better than 1k. haha.
- As for the staying power, since it is not a matte finish it WILL fade faster. I wore this the other night, it lasted me about 2 hrs. Then wit na after eating dinner. Retouch -hassle (tamad).
- Do exfoliate and prep lips with lipbalm since it tends to settle on cracks of dry lips.
- As with pink-cool based lipsticks, this WILL make your teeth yellow(er) - so smile nalang ng pademure or magpableach ka ng ngipin. JOKE LANG!
|Under natural light - double vs single swatch|
|Indoors - double vs single swatch|
|Pre-date shot using my phone (sorry for the weird looking brows)|
Wow ah, infair andame kong nasabi sa isang tube ng lipstick. (My life is boring)