Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: Palty Hair Dye in Caramel Sauce

A couple of weeks ago, I accidentally dyed my hair from brown to black.

ANG ARTE LANG I KNOW! HAHAHAHAHA!
I know the :) has a filter but in person it was more orangey and brassy - plus my roots were showing up.
:) - Kolours in Chestnut Brown 4 months after (and several beach trips)
:( - Kolours in Dark brown (ANG ITIMMMM. More like black)
I just really wanted to go a shade darker to cover up the regrowth and brassiness but ended up dyeing my hair BLACK. ARGH!!!



ANG TANDERS KO TINGNAN! I avoided wearing too much makeup because my hair made me look "matapang" and older :(( So I had to wait it out and dyed it 2 weeks after.

So in my quest to color my hair again - I stumbled upon PALTY at SM Makati's department store. I was pleasantly surprised that they started carrying Japanese bubble dyes. I was hesitant to try a bubble dye again because of my unpleasant experience with ETUDE house and I even did a review on it. Looking back I would honestly say that the dye SUCKED. It was terrible. Didn't cover much regrowth and left my hair in a weird 2-tone. The worst part was it left my hair EXTREMELY ROUGH AND DRY (all caps kasi intense dryness talaga). Parang walis levels!

I never that the healthiest hair but goodgodman! this made it 10x worse. From then on I veered away from bubble dyes and stuck with salon treatments (if I had the extra money) or traditional dyes (yes the ones with ammonia) because they honestly do color better.

I am a hardcore KOLOURS fan. I find myself going back to this brand. I usually consume 2 boxes - and it's perfectly ok since it is super affordable at less than P400/box. (Minsan nag ssale pa. O DI BA?)

So with that being said, nagpaka YOLO ako sa buhok ko - and tried Palty. 

I had high hopes for you :(
read more of my Palty experience after the jump!



Lets get right to it shall we?

I'm lazy to do a walk through plus there are several in depth blog posts on it online. Honestly, it was pretty simple. Mix the 2 together (the color and the activator) until it forms a frothy foam. Spread the dye on your head and wait. The directions were pretty easy and nothing too complicated - plus there's a translated copy the directions in the box.

What's inside the box. Parang ang fun gawin! charot.


BOO! Happy halloween! hahaha! Sorry for scaring you. (I am obviously not happy with the "after")
So here's my before and after with Palty's Caramel Sauce. Panisinin na medyo pinilit kong mag ka effect si "after" at sapilitan akong tumapat sa ilaw. hahaha. *Sige, ipush mo pa*

Pros: 

  • Super easy to apply. (Just like shampoo!) - perfect for the first timers.
  • Doesn't have a strong ammonia scent.
  • Affordable - P500 at Watsons/SM department stores

~~~~~Hair update: 1 month after, here's a shot of my 3 tone hair. Apparently it just colored the roots and nothing else! OWMAYGAD! Looks worse since my roots are showing up. It's like an ombre gone very very wrong!!!! Teh, 3-tone! ano baaaaaa. huhuhuhu.


Y U NO COLOR MY HAIR GOOD???

Cons:

  • Because I have super dark hair it barely covered anything - looking back I should used 2 boxes. And to think I left it for an hour on my head!
  • Left my hair a dry and rough :( (But Etude was the worse) - I had to use ALOT of conditioner and argan oil.


Will I use it again? MEH. Nope. I think this is the last time I'll try bubble hair dyes and stick to "traditional" hair dyes. I am definitely going to the salon next! hahaha

***Took all the pictures using my iphone hence the grainy quality

No comments:

Post a Comment