Victory curls, Winged eye-liner, red RED lips - three main things you see in a pin-up themed makeup.
"A pin-up girl, also known as a pin-up model, is a model whose mass-produced pictures see wide appeal as popculture. Pin-ups are intended for informal display, e.g. meant to be "pinned-up" on a wall. The term pin-up may also refer to drawings, paintings, and other illustrations done in emulation of these photos. The term was first attested to in English in 1941; however, the practice is documented back at least to the 1890s." - wikipedia (Napaka credible ng source ko.)
Apart from the posters actually being pinned up the wall the hair of pin up girls required massive amounts of hair pins to set the curls (look up "how to pin-curls" in youtube and you'll understand how much effort it took to curl the hair back in the day!).
My first tutorial would be the iconic Pin-Up look mainly because the eyeshadow routine is pretty simple and can be wearable for everyday with a few tweeks of course.
Here's my interpretation of the look and if you want to learn how to achieve this read on ;)
|pak na pak!|
1. Prep your face with moisturizer + primer and do your foundation and concealing. Like this. HAHAHA. ----->
p.s. Don't forget your lipbalm!
2. I did my eyebrows thinner than I usually do to keep up with the "retro theme".
(In2it brow powder + any brow mascara would do)
1. Prep your eyes with primer (Urban Decay's Primer Potion - a LITTLE goes a long way)
2. Using the Naked palette use "Sin" as your base shadow focusing on the inner lids.
3. With a fluffy blending brush, swipe on "Naked" on your crease so that it gives a wash of color.
4. Using an ordinary eyeshadow brush (ELF eyeshadow brush) use "Buck" to darken the outer corner AKA the "outer V" of the eye
5. Using "Smog", intensify the look by blending at the outer corner using a blending brush (blend blend blend. isa pa. BLEND)
5. Highlight zeh brow bone using a MATTE flesh colored shadow. Also, pat some of it on the center of your lids like so.
TIP: For chinitas/monolids like me (huhu) make sure to check if your eyeshadow is showing by opening your eyes. Most of the time kasi kahit limpak-limpak na eyeshadow ipatong mo, wit parin kita kasi kinakain ng ating chinky eyes.
keri paaaa??? Ok next step!
1-2. Using a matte white eyeliner (Nichido liner), line the inner part of your lower lids
3. Tightline your upper lashline using a black WATERPROOF liner (UD 24/7 liner in Zero)
4-5. AHHH THE WING. Dito talaga ako frustrated nung una. Bawal ang pasmado! haha
Everybody has their own technique of doing the wing, here's my version:
Starting from the outer corner, line/trace the shape that you want then fill it in. Line the rest of your eyes. Make sure that the INNER line is THINNER. (Inner = thinner, oha it rhymes!)
1. UD 24/7 liner in "Demolition
2. Using a dark brown liner, line the OUTER lower lids up unto the middle portion of the eye.
3. Set with a brown eyeshadow and smudge a bit.
4. Enhance the wing by patting on the matte flesh shadow around the flick.
1. Clean any fall out with a sponge.
2. Curl your lashes and add a THIN coat of mascara.
3. Add your falsies, let dry. Merge the falsies and your real lashes by applying ANOTHER coat of mascara.
4. Highlight your face focusing on the place where you usually put concealer (MAC's Mineralize skin finish in Medium)
5. Bugbugin ng mascara ang lower lashes. PAK!
6. CONTOUR & BLUSH
The subtle art of contouring. Please no visible/exaggerated nose lines and "sinampal na fez blush" (unless that's the look you want to achieve). I just used a matte brown color. For the cheeks a matte pink-rosy blush. No bronzers this time.
|I feel thinner already! CHAR!|
|The only time you should put on a duck face|
|Magsawa kayo sa mukha ko.|
A pin-up is not PIN-UP without the signature red lips!
1. Wipe of any trace of lipbalm. Line the lips with a red liner, starting with the outline.
2-3. Fill in the lips with the liner.
4. Swipe on the red lipstick of your choice (MAC's Russian Red, matte finish) - you can either use directly from the tube or use a lipbrush. Up to you.
5. Clean and blend out using a lip brush.
6-7. Prevent lipstick on your teeth by quickly sucking(??) on your finger. The excess product with stick onto the finger and not on your teeth. yay.
8. Clean the edges using a fine brush dipped in concealer ala reverse liner.
For some added dimension, dust on some shimmer powder on the upper part of your cheek (not the whole "apple of your cheek") and your nose bridge. Tamang arte lang.
VOILA! WE ARE DONE!
CAM WHORING TIME. EMOTE!
Whew what a LONG POST!!!!
Hope you learned something! I'd love to hear from you! Let me know if there's a specific look you'd want, I will try my best to help you guys out. naaaaaks.
O siye pagod na ko mag type. Babush!